I was fortunate enough to be nominated by Heather Marie at Life, Love, and Lasagna for The Liebster award. I feel so honored. Heather writes about food and family, but I especially like her article on self-care, found here. Please be sure to go see her awesome blog.
Here are the Liebster Award Rules
Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them
Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself
Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next
Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination
My Questions & Answers from Life, Love, and Lasagna
- Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
Anna Karenina. I have read this book more times than I want to admit. As written, her character made me feel the struggle she was going through in a way that no other book has been able to. She is a whirlwind of contradictions, to this I can relate. She is strong AND weak in a very raw way.
2.What has been the biggest lesson you’ve learned since starting your blog? I have learned to filter the information that others are giving. I appreciate their time very much. But, I have to remind myself often that not all tips and ideas apply to my vision for my blog.
3.What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
Doing almost anything outdoors with my family.
4.What are your pet peeves?
I cannot tolerate mean people, particularly closed-minded, narcissistic types.
5.If you were a superhero, what superpower would you have?
The ability to retain all the information that I have read.
6.What prompted you to start a blog? I have a story that I want to tell. I have started writing it in my book but, I am having a hard time writing some of it and hoped that writing daily on a blog would give me the courage to tell MY story.
7.What’s your favorite holiday, and why? I love the feel of Christmas. The lights and snow are magical. Friends and family feel closer during the season.
8.Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
9.If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Macarons, but different flavors everyday:)
10.What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
Does adopting a crazy Ex-wife count?
11.If you had a warning label, what would yours say? I asked my girlfriends Ana & Lyndsey to answer this one for me. Here is what they had to say…
Ana (from me):“Appears tame on the outside but harbors a fierce heart on the inside.”
Lyndsey (from me): “I am a mom-I will know when you are lying or hiding something. I am a perfectionist-make sure everything is straight and even. I love deep and care deeper.”
How sweet are they? These girls know me so well.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I grow my own herbs.
2. I am writing a book. I have already written 2 children’s books.
3. I have 3 seriously amazing not-so-children (2 teens & 1 tween) and 2 silly rescue dogs, Tegan & Lilly. I won’t post photos of my kiddos without their permission, but here is my favorite picture of our doggies.
4. I still write handwritten letters on a regular basis.
5. I hate clutter. I am an absolute minimalist, only exceptions to this rule are books, tea, and coffee- I can never have enough.
6. I am not only obsessed with coffee but…tea too.
7. I love books. Not just to read them. I actually love the books!
8. My walk-in closet is about to be my office.
9. I am super sensitive. I cry during commercials. I struggled with this as a nurse. I feel other people’s pain at my core.
10. My favorite thing to wear is a summer dress.
11. Liane Moriarty (Author of The Husband’s Secret) is my spirit animal.
Here are the new bloggers that I have nominated for The Liebster Award:
Faristhna Knf @ Canvas & Quill
Airam Velarde @ The Sweetest Journey
Simonee (Sim) George @ Tea Time Mom
Hasnae Lamarti @ Maktoub Travel blog
Jena Bandini Fine @ Provoke A Smile
Mary H Douglas @ Eden Pure Living
Casey Alexandra @ From Beginning To Trend
Christy Jones Harper @ The Harper House Blog
Amy Reiter @ Maintaining Sanity Blog
Taylor Anne Smith @ Blonde and Ambitious
Angie Lituri @ Angie The Freckled Rose
My Questions for the Liebster Award Nominees:
1. What countries have you traveled to?
2. What has been the hardest part of starting your blog so far?
3. What is your favorite way to spend your morning?
4. What are your pet peeves?
5. What is the one goal you have for yourself or your family?
6. What prompted you to start a blog?
7. What dream do you have that you are most afraid of starting/accomplishing?
8. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
9. What is your favorite book?
10. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
11. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Congratulations to everyone who was nominated for a Liebster Award. You should be proud. I encourage you to check out each other’s Blogs. I can’t wait to read all about each of you.